I write science fiction and fantasy. Here's where you can find my work:
Short Story: "The Unnatural," appearing in the forthcoming Futurescapes Anthology, where it took first place in the first annual Futurescapes Writing Contest.
I also write and present non-fiction on technology, popular culture, and diversity and inclusion. Most of this lives at The Bias, a feminist pop culture blog I co-edit with Natalie Luhrs. You can also find my work elsewhere:
- 2016: Presentation: An Intro To Web Accessibility In Django, DjangoCon US 2016.
- 2016: Presentation: Defending Yourself and Others From Harassment Online (slides), a talk I've given at the DC Techlady Hackathon (2015), the Nebula Awards Conference (annual conference of the Science Fiction Writers of America, 2016), and at the upcoming ConFusion Science Fiction conference in Detroit (2017).
- 11/2015: Uncanny Magazine: The Call of the Sad Whelkfins: The Continued Relevance of How To Suppress Women's Writing.
- 2/25/2015: Jim C. Hines's Invisible II: I'm Not Broken.
- 2/5/2015: SF Signal's Mind Meld: The Intersection SF/F Games and Genre Fiction.
- 2015: Editing and development consulting, The Game-Master's Apprentice.
- 2012 - 2015: The Geek Feminism Blog.
- 6/2014: The Geek Feminism Code of Conduct and Community Anti-Harassment Policy, based on Valerie Aurora and Mary Gardiner's Conference Anti-Harassment Policy.